According to OSHA’s Respiratory Protection Standard (29 CFR 1910.134); there are seven key elements that every respiratory protection program should contain. They are:
1. Develop and implement a written respiratory protection program with required worksite-specific procedures and elements of required respirator use.
2. Complete assessment of respiratory hazards that will be encountered in the workplace.
3. Use a procedure and equipment guideline to control respiratory hazards.
4. Establish guidelines to select the proper respiratory equipment.
5. Implement an employee training program covering potential hazards, proper usage and the care and cleaning of respirators.
6. Inspect, maintain and repair of respirators.
7. Follow through with medical surveillance of employees.
Emedco can help you stay compliant. Choose from a large selection of top brands of Respiratory Equipment from: 3M, Moldex, North, MSA, and Gerson. We also carry Respiratory Signs, Respirator storage, and Respirator Training to suit your needs. As always, Fast Shipping- in stock products ship the same day!
Submitted by: Donna Kolody/Emedco